The EAC Modern Abstract Competition will be on exhibit in our Main Gallery during the month of December, 2023. This competition is open to any resident currently residing in the state of Utah, creating works within the modern abstract theme.
ENTRY DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2023
- Competition is open to all artists who presently reside in the state of Utah
- Artists may enter up to two pieces. Works consisting of multiple parts may be entered as a single work only if each of the parts cannot exist as a complete work by itself. Entries containing multiple parts must be priced as one piece.
- Original works in any medium including paintings, prints, monoprints, drawings, graphics, pottery, sculptures, and textiles are eligible.
- REPRODUCTION PRINTS such as gicleé and PHOTOGRAPHS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY
- Size limitations: 3D entries may not exceed 60 inches in length or width. 2D entries larger than 21" in length and width will not be accepted in clip or front-loading frames.
- Entries must have been created within the last two years, and must not have been previously exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Eccles Art Center
- Entries must be ready to hang, mounted, matted and framed, or otherwise ready for display. FRAMED WORK MUST INCLUDE WIRE OR SIMILAR HANGING SYSTEM. Works will not be accepted with only alligator hardware, D-ring, V- ring or keyhole hangers under any circumstance. Click here to review the EAC’s framing guidelines.
ENTRY DROP OFF:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
November 20, 21 & 22, 2023
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Eccles Art Center
2580 Jefferson Avenue
Ogden, Utah 84401
Work will not be accepted after 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2023
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to protect work submitted. Work not accepted for exhibit left after December 2, 2023 and accepted work left at the Art Center after January 29, 2024 are left at artist’s own risk and storage charges may accrue. Works left at the Center for over 90 days will be deemed abandoned and disposed of at the Board’s discretion. The Eccles Art Center does not accept responsibility for works damaged due to incorrect or poor framing.
Sales will be encouraged, but are not required. The Eccles Art Center will retain a 35% commission on sales.
Best of Show: $500.00
First Place: $300.00
Second Place: $200.00
Third Place: $100.00
Honorable Mentions (3): $50.00
Work not accepted must be picked up on or before December 2, 2022 between the hours of 9:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m.
Works accepted for exhibit and not sold must be picked up January 29, 2024 between the hours of 9:30 a.m. & 4:30 p.m.
See LIABILITY section for insurance restrictions and storage charge notice.
OPENING RECEPTION & EXHIBIT
A reception for artists, friends and the community will be held on Friday, December 1, 2023 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Art Center. Awards will be posted at the reception.
The exhibit will be on display December 1, 2023 through January 27, 2024.
This project has received funding from Weber County RAMP, Ogden City, and is supported by the Utah Arts Council, with funding from the State of Utah and the National Endowment for the arts.
ENTRY FEES & FORMS
$10.00 per entry
$5.00 per entry for members of the Art Center
*Members with an "Artist Membership" will receive one free entry into this competition
Entry fees are used for prize money and publicity and are non-refundable.
Entries must be clearly identified by the artist with title, medium and price/insurance value. Identification tags will be provided at the time of entry.
Notification of jury results will be emailed to the address you provide.