Historic Utah Art Competition - Call for Entry
The Eccles Art Center announces a new art competition for resident Utah artists of all ages: Historic Utah, a themed competition for two dimensional arts.
Explore the beauty and history of the Beehive State by creating a two-dimensional piece celebrating any historical aspect of Utah. This includes (but is not limited to) Utah culture, architecture, historical events, Indigenous native groups, or landscapes.
Deadline for entry: April 28, 2023
Please read the following guidelines & competition information. Registration form is located below.
- This competition is open to artists of any age who currently reside in the state of Utah.
- Original 2-dimensional works and photographs - including prints, monoprints, drawings, digital paintings, graphics, photographs, and textiles - are eligible. 3-Dimensional works are not eligible for entry into this competition.
- Reproduction prints, such as giclée, are not eligible for entry. *The EAC is also not equipped to display audio or video works at this time.
- Work must have been completed within the past two years and not have been previously exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Eccles Art Center.
- Works selected for exhibition must remain on display in our galleries for the duration of the show
All entries will be divided into one of the following categories based on age of entrant:
- 2 Adult Categories, Ages 18+: Visual Art, Photography
- 3 Youth Categories: Elementary (Ages K - 6th Grade), Junior High (7th-9th Grade) and High School (10th - 12th Grade) *There is no entry fee required for Youth Categories
- Artists are limited to a total of two entries. Works consisting of multiple parts may be entered as a single piece only if each of the parts cannot exist as a complete work by itself.
- Entries must be ready to hang, mounted, matted and framed and otherwise ready for exhibition display.
- ALL WORK MUST INCLUDE A HANGING WIRE ON THE BACK, OR SIMILAR HANGING SYSTEM. Works will not be accepted with only alligator hardware, D-ring, V-ring or keyhole hangers under any circumstance.
- YOUTH CATEGORY ENTRIES are limited in size. All entries (including frame) must be 11” x 16” or smaller.
- The jurors or the Art Center may also refuse works which are not suitable for exhibit in the Gallery because of size or liability.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRIES
All Entries must be dropped of at the Eccles Art Center during any of the following days/times:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, April 26 - 28
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Drop off location:
Eccles Art Center
2580 Jefferson Avenue
Ogden, Utah 84401
Work will not be accepted after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 28, 2023
- A price or insurance value may be indicated for all items entered.
- Listing your piece for sale is encouraged, but not required.
- The Eccles Art Center will retain a 35% commission on sales.
- Works not for sale should be marked "NFS" upon entry.
ENTRY FEES & FORMS:
- $10.00 per entry
- $5.00 per entry for members of the Art Center. *Members at the "Artist Membership" level are eligible for one free entry into this competition
- Youth category entries - no entry fee required
Entry fees are used for prize money and publicity and are non-refundable.
Entries must be clearly identified by the artist with title, medium and price/insurance value. Identification tags will be provided at the time of entry.
- Work not accepted must be picked up on or before May 5, 2023 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Work accepted for exhibit and not sold must be picked up May 30 or 31, 2023 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- See LIABILITY section for insurance restrictions and storage charge notice.
Adult Categories: Visual Art and Photography
FIRST PLACE: $300
SECOND PLACE: $200
THIRD PLACE: $100
Awards shall be presented in both categories.
Youth Categories: Elementary (K-6), Junior High (7- 9), and Senior High (10 – 12)
FIRST PLACE: $100
SECOND PLACE: $50
THIRD PLACE: $25
Awards will be limited to one set per age category.
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to protect work submitted. Works not accepted for exhibit left after May 5, 2023 and accepted work left at the center after May 31, 2023 are left at artist's own risk and storage charges may accrue. Works left over 60 days will be deemed abandoned and may be disposed of at the Eccles Art Center’s Board of Directors discretion. The Eccles Art Center does not accept responsibility for works damaged due to incorrect or poor framing.
The submission of entries provides the Eccles Art Center the right to reproduce work for publicity, virtual tours, and educational purposes.
OPENING RECEPTION & EXHIBIT A reception for artists, friends and the community will be held Friday, May 5, 2023 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Art Center. Awards will be posted at the reception.
The exhibit will be on display May 5 through 27, 2023
This project has received funding from Weber County RAMP, Ogden City, and is supported by the Utah Arts Council, with funding from the State of Utah and the National Endowment for the arts.