This June, the Eccles Art Center is proud to celebrate Pride Month. We support the coming together of artists and art appreciation, through the offering of this competition of shared creative expression. When the world is disheartening, a show of support and acceptance is all that someone needs to feel understood.
We ask artists to create work using the colors of the Pride flag:
Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Turquoise, Blue, Violet, Black, & Brown
ELIGIBILITY & ENTRIES
- Works must be presented in a tasteful manner, and be able to be viewed by art patrons of all ages. Works that may be suggestive or pornographic will not be accepted.
- This competition is open to all artists who presently reside in the state of Utah.
- Original works in any medium including paintings, prints, monoprints, drawings, graphics, pottery, sculptures, textiles and photography are eligible. REPRODUCTION PRINTS such as gicleé ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Work must have been completed within the past two years and not have been previously exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Eccles Art Center.
- Artists are limited to a total of two entries.
- Entries must be ready to hang, mounted, matted and framed, or otherwise ready in exhibition condition, ready to sell.
- All entries are limited to a size of 60” x 60”.
- 2-DIMENSIONAL WORK MUST INCLUDE A WIRE OR SIMILAR HANGING SYSTEM ON THE BACK. Works will not be accepted with only alligator hardware, D-ring, V-ring or keyhole hangers under any circumstances. Clip frames will not be accepted.
All Entries should be dropped of at the Eccles Art Center during any of the following days/times:
Monday - Friday, May 22-26, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Drop off location:
Eccles Art Center
2580 Jefferson Avenue
Ogden, Utah 84401
Work will not be accepted after 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2023
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to protect work submitted. Work left at the Art Center after June 3, for works not accepted and after July 3, 2023 for accepted works are left at artist’s own risk and storage charges may accrue. Works left at the Center for over 30 days will be deemed abandoned and disposed of at the Board’s discretion. The Eccles Art Center does not accept responsibility for works damaged due to incorrect or poor framing.
- A price or insurance value may be indicated for all items entered.
- Listing your piece for sale is encouraged, but not required.
- The Eccles Art Center will retain a 35% commission on sales.
- Works not for sale should be marked "NFS" upon entry.
ENTRY FEES & FORMS
$10.00 per entry for non-members
$5.00 per entry for members of the Art Center. *Members at the "Artist Membership" level are eligible for one free entry into this competition
- Entry fees are used for prize money and publicity and are non-refundable.
- Entries must be clearly identified by the artist with title, medium and price/insurance value. Identification tags will be provided at the time of entry.
- Notification of jury results will be emailed to the address you provide.
- Work not accepted must be picked up on or before June 3, 2023 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- Works accepted for exhibit and not sold must be picked up July 3, 2023 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- See LIABILITY section for insurance restrictions and storage charge notice.
Best of Show: $500
Honorable Mentions (5 Total): $100
OPENING RECEPTION & EXHIBIT
A reception for artists, friends and the community will be held on Friday, June 2, 2023 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Art Center. Awards will be posted at the reception. The exhibit will continue through July 1, 2023.
This project has received funding from Weber County RAMP, Ogden City, and is supported by the Utah Arts Council, with funding from the State of Utah and the National Endowment for the arts.